Our education system is incomplete. There are multiple curriculum in the school systems for math, science, language arts, social studies; however, not one complete curriculum for emotional literacy.
Research states that more than one third of Americans feel dissatisfied with their life. There has been an increase of over 400% in the use of antidepressants since 1988. Despite all of these facts, we are still not doing enough, across the nation’s school systems and the world, to teach our children how to become emotionally literate. We are failing to carry out one of our main duties: preparing the next generation to enjoy a life filled with joy and purpose.
- Suicide is the tenth leading cause of death for the general population, but it is the second cause of death among individuals between ages 15-24.
- In the first 60 days of 2017 three teenagers have committed suicide while streaming it live on social media.
- The deaths related to the use of heroin have almost quadrupled after 2010.
- The use of antidepressants has increased by 400% since 1988, and at least one out of every three Americans is dissatisfied with life.
We are so busy trying to give our children each day more and more intellectual knowledge; we have completely forgotten to give them a curriculum for life; one that teaches the importance of developing the right thought patterns to overcome challenges and avoid self-defeating behaviors later on in life. Teaching children about the correct thought patterns from the beginning of life will help them reduce any limiting thoughts, and grow up resilient and inspired to create the extraordinary life they deserve.
- A Simple Program – Triumph is a systematic, consistent and simple program that was designed with students and teachers in mind. Triumph takes into consideration the multiple responsibilities educators have, and gives an effortless, easy to use program with limitless benefits for the students and teachers. The Triumph Steps school program for 6th-12th graders meets the Florida Department of Education requirements on Resiliency Education, Civic and Character Education, and Life Skills Education.
- Goal Oriented – Triumph is designed to help students become goal oriented, empowered, centered, creative, and socially responsible members of society. It includes a set of tools and strategies to help students get in touch with their unlimited potential to create the extraordinary life they deserve.
- Over 25 Years of Experience – Triumph Steps has been developed by a licensed psychotherapist with over twenty-five years in the mental health field. Its mission is to bring the curriculum to every school in the world by educating teachers, children, and parents about the power that each person possesses, to overcome any limiting thought, so they can live to their fullest potential.
- Increase optimism and motivation which translates into less truancy, more resiliency, less depression and anxiety, and better decision making.
- Foster social and emotional awareness which empowers them to overcome any negative emotion
- Learn how to identify and achieve goals, and acquire life-long needed strategies such as visualization, silence, affirmations and more to help students get in touch and embrace their creative self.
- Challenge erroneous thoughts given to them by parents, teachers, and society.
- Promotes neuroplasticity and a decrease in aggression which translates into less bullying
- Develop plans to reach their individual success by becoming self-reliant individuals.
- Learn to see limitless possibilities and much more.